Image Map

My lovely Valentine

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy V-Day lovers!  I should be linking up for 30 Second Thursday, but I was so busy and sick this week that I never found time to make a video.  Still head over and check out all the funny videos my fav ladies post. 
 
I had a WONDERFUL morning today...not only did my tax refund show up in my bank account (yesssssssssss) but I also won a giveaway on one of my favorite blogs Classic Bride!  This is my first blog giveaway win and I am so excited!  Can't wait to get some invitations picked out :)
 
Speaking of invitations...I am starting to have a complete meltdown over this wedding stuff.  I need some guidance.  We are stuggling so badly to pick a wedding location, but everywhere we want to get married is just so expensive.  Our budgets for Vegas and now Mexico are SOOOO high and we have tried to work the numbers every way we can, but they just don't seem to be going down.  We are seriously those people with champagne taste and a PBR budget...I want to have this elaborate wedding but we just don't have the resources to do that.  So then we start researching getting married around here or somewhere near the water and just can't find anything that we like or that is affordable. 
 
How do you decide?  And how do you have a wedding that is exactly what you want without being absurdly expensive?  I am shocked that as a wedding/event planner I am now asking these questions...but I have to admit...I have never worked with a low-budget bride.  Sad, but true.  So now I feel completely lost.
 
Sorry to start your V-Day which such a debbie downer story!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I did that really helped...our venue has a pretty expensive per person cost. I just went to the planner & told her that I wasn't comfortable with that & what could we cut? We started cutting little things that are included in the package but not necessary (champagne toast, some of the appetizers, etc.) & ended up bringing the cost down about $30 per person. So don't be afraid to ask your vendors to help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weddings are incredibly expensive. And, I think, having been a wedding vendor, you've been seeing all these amazing weddings and dreaming of having that for yourself...but it's easier to envision when there's no talk of money! I think you have to decide what is a "must-have" and what things are ones that you can go cheaper on or even entirely without.

    But just because you can't have absolutely everything, doesn't mean you can't have a great wedding! I had a teeny tiny wedding and everyone who attended said it was one of their best weddings they had ever attended. It was an incredibly low key wedding.

    Also, have you check out blogs like Broke Ass Bride? That might be helpful!

    ReplyDelete