Image Map

Finding My Balance

Thursday, January 23, 2014


via Etsy

Since moving back to Boston, my life literally went from zero to sixty in a matter of days.  We left South Carolina and then after arriving in Massachusetts less than 24 hours later, we were engulfed by plans, apartment hunting, starting new jobs, seeing old friends...just about everything you can think of.  Mixed in with that has been the tiny amount of wedding planning we have started and the search for a decision on what our lives should be for the next few years.
 
If you haven't noticed, Ross and I have a very hard time settling down anywhere.  We have begun to really love our nomad lifestyle and it seems that the minute we unpack the last box at a new place, we are talking about what is next on the agenda of our lives.  Everything has been pretty crazy since we got here, especially coupled with my uber-stressful job, so we recently sat down and looked at what we really want here and ways to make our life still exciting but us at the same time.
 
Finding a way to balance life and juggle all of the obligations we have can be difficult, but one of my main goals for 2014 is focusing on living a fulfilling, meaningful life rather than just going through the motions and following the norm.  It is easy to get caught up in what is looked at as the "normal" progression of life...working 9-5, getting married, buying a house, having kids, settling down...but I really want to make 2014 about finding exactly what it is that makes me happy and looking for my career and life 'niche'.  I have a very strong desire to travel and start working for myself and I am hoping to really put both of those goals into motion during this year.  I also am very set on us finally getting married this year, regardless of how ;)...and have already been working on achieving this goal!
 
As the kickoff to my return to blogging, I am setting my goals for 2014 and am ready to make some big changes over the next year!  Time to see where my late twenties are going to take me!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment