Image Map

Born to Run

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ever since our move, I have been busy nonstop which has lead to me totally abandoning my workout schedule that I had built up in SC.  I was going to the gym daily...running, strength training and taking Zumba.  Since we got to Boston though, I have put all of the weight back on that I lost and have been eating, drinking and going out all of the time.  

A few weeks ago one of my best friends asked me if Ross and I wanted to run the Harpoon 5 Miler with her and a few friends on May 18th.  Five miles?  In August that would have been no issue at all.  But today?  Big problem.  So I decided, what better way to motivate myself to get back out there and take better care of my body than signing up for a race!  


The race is a little less than three months away and this past weekend Ross and I started our eight week, five mile training program.  It was a great weekend to start since the temperature was in the high 40's both days, but with the freezing temps this week it definitely is harder than I thought it would be!  Having Ross as my running partner makes it easier to motivate though - especially since we bring the doggies with and know how much fun they have going for runs.  

In addition to running, we are really going to start focusing on our diets and the amount of bad food and drinks that we have been taking in over the past six months.  I need to make better choices with my meals and be conscience about the things I am putting into my body.  We are contemplating a Paleo based diet to see if that will help our bodies, weight and skin.  Summer beach season is really right around the corner and I want to be the best me I can be!


Week One, which we started last Saturday, looks like this:

Day 1: Run easy 1 mile - Saturday we ran 1 mile and walked 4 miles
Day 2: Rest - Sunday we ran 1 mile and walked 4 miles
Day 3: Run easy 1 mile - Monday rest day
Day 4: 40-45 min cross-training - Tuesday we did an Insanity Abs video
Day 5: Rest
Day 6: Run easy 1.5 mile
Day 7: Rest or 30 minute walk

I will be posting my running updates every week and letting everyone know about my progress!!  Wish me luck!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment